Ok, so I started P90X with my husband today. For our first workout session we did Pull-ups, chin-ups, push-ups, and all kinds of ups. Wow!!! I could not believe this was for our first workout. I have never done a single pull-up in my life. This was more strenuous than I thought it would be.
I used the resistance bands instead of the pull-up bar. It went ok until one of my bands popped and I had to manage with just one. The push-ups were also not very easy for me. It was a good thing that Tom, my hubby, was working out with me. He kept me motivated and encouraged. We went for quality rather than quantity and that was helpful too.
We followed the DVD and felt encouraged by Tony's optimism and encouragement. It is amazing how easy they make it look. We know as we keep at it we'll be able to complete the workouts without screaming in pain every now and then =D
I have to be honest and say that after we were done with the workout I felt great. I was in pain and I was dreading having to pick up my kids after this workout. Thankfully we stretched a lot throughout the workout that it made quite a difference. During the day I was able to lift my children without pain.
Tonight I went running too. I started a program called from "The Couch-To-5K", that a friend from church introduced me to. We have been running on Monday evenings for about 30 mins., and then I run on my own two more times during the week. It is an easy program I'll have to discuss later.
For now this is what I did today as far as workouts. I hope I feel as happy and motivated tomorrow. BRING IT!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment