Thursday, March 25, 2010

Day 4, Yoga

Today was hard to get up. We have been trying to go to bed earlier since we are getting up early to workout. Mornings are better for us since at night we are too tired from our day's labors that we find it too easy to postpone or not do. Last night we went to bed pretty late and this morning we paid for it. My throat was sore and I felt very tired. Tom is my rock and he got me up.

We set up for our first ever session of Yoga and got started. HOLY COW!!! It kicked my butt big time! The poses were not natural for us and I will admit to feeling discouraged. Bless my sweet husband who still supported and pushed me through it. Again we did the best we could with our bodies and look forward to being able to bend and hold and balance as easily as Tony makes it look in the DVD. We are not giving up! We want this and we know it is not going to be easy at first and the results will all be worth it.

What made my day today was that I was feeling really discouraged earlier in the morning after not being able to hold the poses for as long or as graceful as the people in the video and Tom sent me a text. He asked how my day was going and how I was feeling. I told him I was feeling PLOM (Poor Little Old Me), discouraged and upset that I was not able to do some of the exercises right. He replied saying "Neither could I. Remember, this is extreme. It is going to be hard. Plus we were really tired. I'm proud of you for diong it this morning!" What can I say after that? Needless to say I cried and felt very grateful for his encouragement.

What can I say? I love my hubby! He is not perfect, but neither am I. He IS wonderful in many ways and the best is that he is wonderful in many ways I need. Today I will go to bed earlier and hopefully tomorrow will be better. Honestly, keeping this blog/journal of my progress is helping me now. I feel much better now that I have vented =D. For tomorrow... BRING IT!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brother is awesome! Thanks for keeping this blog. It's nice to see what you are doing. It's also very encouraging to me. Juanpablo bought P90X a few months ago and he did day one and that was it. It's been sitting in the box ever since. You have encouraged me to get it out. Starting Monday a friend and I are going to be doing it after our walks! I figured I should wait until I was fully recovered from the illness! Thanks for your encouragement! I've been slacking a lot lately. Your messages helped me to get off my butt, so to speak. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Melissa. I know you and your friend will do great!! Before you know it JP will want to jump in and join you guys. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete