Monday, April 11, 2011

BEGINNING OF WEEK 2...

I will be honest and admit that I did NOT want to get up this morning. It felt so good to lay in my comfortable bed but I was glad I did get up. We did the Chest and back routine. I will not say it was easier than last week because it was not. We did improve in the amount of repetitions we did. Again, not because it got easier but because we pushed ourselves harder.

We are keeping record of what we are doing, as suggested by Tony. We write down the amount of reps, the weights we use and whether or not we used a chair for the pull-ups and chin-ups. Today as I saw the numbers from last week I wanted to do better. If for one exercise I did 5 pull-ups with a chair, today I tried to do 2 more.

The same goes for the push-ups. If last week I did 2, today I tried to do 3-4. Of course I am not talking about 2 regular push-ups, but I am talking about the Dive-Bomber push-ups. These push-ups are hard for me. The way you do these push-ups is that you get down on the floor in a push up position. Instead  of having your legs close together you have them apart wide. When you go down you do it as if you were going under a fence (which is how Tony explains it). You go nose down first and then your chest. You then come back up the same way in reverse, chest first and then face.

For this routine there are 12 different exercises, but you do them twice with as many repetitions as you can. When you are done with the 12 exercises you do that routine again. When I was done with the 12 the first time I felt like I was done. When the second round came around I felt many times like collapsing on the floor from how tired I was. Thankfully I'm not doing this alone and seeing Tom push when he can't push anymore, motivates me to keep pushing too. After all, I gotta show off in front of him =D. Show him I too can do it.

After we were done with Chest and Back routine we did the Ab Ripper X. The kiddos were up by then and Joseph and Rachel joined us for it. It was a bit distracting and I did 3 reps less than Friday. Wednesday I gotta push myself more. After we were done I was so glad for the recovery drink. It is soooo good. If you are going to start P90X or if you want to order some follow that link and make Mike your coach, he'll take good care of you.

Now I am ready for tomorrow's Plyometrics, BRING IT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment