Thursday, April 21, 2011

YOGA THURSDAY!!!...WOO HOO!!

If we pretend to be excited about Yoga X, will it be less boring?  I've heard it said many times that it is all about attitude. If you have a positive attitude you are able to face tasks without much trouble and have a positive outcome. If your attitude is negative you will struggle through your task. With that in mind we got up early and went to work out.

We did our best, since that is all we can do, and hoped for the best. In previous postings I've mentioned how the first 45 minutes are always the hardest for us. It is too many chaturangas, downward dogs, etc. Too many push ups if you ask me.

Anyway, we pushed on and finally completed the first 45 minutes! Then it was on to the last 45 minutes, which are not as torturous as the first (for us anyway). I know I complain too much about Yoga, but I can see improvement. Take Tom for example, he was able to hold crane a little longer than last week.


Isn't he a stud! This was as he was coming out of it, you can see that his toes have not reached the floor yet and his face if serious with concentration.

My stretches are also getting better and I was able to do wheel for a few seconds today. I used to be able to do it just fine. Now I struggle with it. My goal is to be able to do wheel and hold it for the whole time required.

Another exercise we've struggled with is the one where you stand on one leg and lift the opposite leg forward and go into toe lock. I don't remember what it's called but this is what it looks like.

Again, I am so impressed with Tom's improvement. They say females are more limber than men are, but I cannot do this pose yet. Look at Tom's facial expression, total calmness. I tell you, he's a stud!!!

He is still working on keeping both legs straight while I work on not stumbling all over the place. Next week we'll report on our improvements in Yoga. In the mean time stay tuned for our update on Legs and Back tomorrow =D


No comments:

Post a Comment