Wednesday, April 27, 2011

KEMPO X!!

My neck is feeling much better today. Although my neck is still sore, I am able to move my head and neck more freely than I was able to yesterday. That meant I could push hard again =D

Today we slept in and didn't even hear the alarm clock go off. The kiddos woke up at 6:30 and knocked on our door wondering why we were not in the garage working out. Isn't that awesome!! Even our kids are making sure we work out now, I love it!

We waited until the afternoon to do our workout since it's harder when all three kids are around. Of course the downside to working out in the afternoons now is that it is warmer later on in the day. Anyway, enough about that. On to our workout.

As I mentioned we did Kempo X. We love Kempo X and we tend to push harder and harder each time. We can do all the jumping jacks at their pace. It is good to see that we are getting better at keeping their pace in most of the exercises.

Toward the end of the workout we do a series of exercises that require us to get down on horse stances. I don't know why I love horse stances so much. They are so difficult for me to maintain in good form. Since Tom has martial arts background I follow his stance. He can get pretty low on his stances and is impressive for me to see him do the exercises.

Although my stances are not as low as they should be, they are improving each time I do them and I am feeling stronger. We will take pictures and post some as we go on with the workouts so you can see what I'm talking about.

Tomorrow we will do our favorite workout of recovery week, Stretch X. Although right now we don't remember what the moves are, what has lingered from last time is how wonderful we felt after doing Stretch X. Stay tuned and we'll keep you posted =D.

No comments:

Post a Comment