Saturday, April 9, 2011

WE ARE BACK!!!!...

It's been quite a while since I last updated the blog. We have come along way since I last posted. Did we finish the 90 days? How much weight did we lose? What happened? I will let you know don't worry. I know the suspense is killing you... NOT! Anyway, here is what happened...

We did not finish the 90 days =( I found my workout sheets a couple of days ago and after thinking we had done about 40 days I saw that we actually did almost 60!! No wonder the great results we had. How did the result show?

For me it was not in weight loss. I was hoping to drop at least 10-15 pounds. I only lost 6 pounds during that time and that includes the weight I gained when I first started exercising. I did manage to lose a few more inches and that was good. The thing for me is that I tend to compare my weight loss with other people's weight loss. I have learned now that we all loose weight differently. I have learned many helpful things actually and I'm still learning.

I gotta say that although I was happy with the way I looked and felt I still felt fat because of the weight I was at. Little by little I started falling away from my good eating habits and of course with that came the weight gain. It didn't help that we moved a few months later. We knew we were going to move and I was feeling a bit depressed at the thought of leaving behind the new friends I had made and a friend I had reconnected with.

During that time a friend of ours from church showed up the following week looking thinner, happy and she was glowing! (Not literally of course). I asked her if she had lost weight and she told me she had lost 13lbs in one week!!! Woa! How?!? Was my first question. And this is how she did it...

She introduced me to a product called HCG. She gave me the run down and then she told me of a website I could go to for more information. I told Tom about it and he was pretty skeptical. Fortunately he is very inquisitive about things that seem to good to be true. He did the research and in the mean time our friends were losing more and more weight.

After a couple of months of research (in Tom's part) we decided to do it. It was right before our move back to the East coast that we bought the drops and came up with a plan of attack. We decided that since we would be driving it would be best to not start quite yet. We would need to commit between 21-40 days to this protocol and those days are pretty strict. There are only certain things we had to eat, certain products we could use, etc.

When we arrived to Maryland we bought what we needed and a week after our arrival we started the protocol. We did two rounds and in those two rounds I lost almost 40 lbs! Tom lost a little over 60lbs!! And we both felt great and looked amazing. We have been completely off the diet for about 3 weeks now and are still maintaining our weight loss.

We have learned soooooo much during the time we were on the HCG drops that we decided that now all we need is to get toned. We are now back on track and we are at a new beginning.


This is a before and after picture collage we made to show our results. The before pictures are from our drive back from California back in August of 2010. The after picture was taken in February of this year after we were done with the HCG protocol.

So what is next for us?... P90X!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment