Thursday, April 15, 2010

Stretching, oooh, ahhh...

Once again we slept in, aghh! We really need to work on going to bed early and getting up early. We worked out in the afternoon and it was hard with the kids around us. Specially the baby, she wanted to be on my mat and she wanted to cuddle to me every time I would go down to the floor. It was hard but not impossible. Oh yeah, the workout today was Stretching... just what the doctor ordered, *peaceful sigh*.

I got to say that I was impressed to see how flexible we have become. As we were stretching I noticed that Tom was down lower, closer to the floor on some of them, on others he was standing pretty tall, which since he is already tall, he looked huge. I of course did not stay behind. I have included a picture at the bottom showing one of the stretches. I was able to reach beyond my foot on the stretch and used a yoga block. Although my head is not yet touching the knee my leg was straight and all the way on the floor. That totally made my day.

As I was stretching I tried to clear my mind as much as possible even though the kids were around us asking questions and wanting our attention. It felt great and I felt very relaxed. After we completed the stretches I felt so relaxed. Now it's been a several hours and my muscles feel so relaxed and my whole body feels so good. I loved the stretching. For those who have not done it yet let me tell you it feels soooooooooooo good. Not as much during as when you are done. I think I am ready to bring it to the next level, which starts next week. But for now I'm heading to bed and I think I will sleep pretty relaxed =D Good night all. Tomorrow... bring it!!!

As you can see, I was able to use a Yoga block to extend the stretch. My foot is pointing up and my whole leg is down. That is my little girl taking a break from distracting us =D                

1 comment: