Saturday, April 9, 2011

BRINGING IT ALL BACK!!!

Ok. So now that you got the short version of what we have been up to for the past year (almost), it is time to let you know what we are doing now. This week we started doing P90X all over again. Why P90X? I will tell you why =D

We had great results last time with P90X. For me it is hard to lose weight exercising. Before Tom and I got married my Mom and I joined a gym so I could get in shape for the big day. After months of working out I managed to lose 10lbs. To me it was pretty frustrating to work so hard and not lose weight fast. I was grateful for HCG that changed that for me.

Now that I am at a weight I am happy with, I need to tone up. This week we started P90X and it was great!!! Ok. so it kicked our butts, but it was still great.

We were sooooooooooooooo sore on Tuesday. We could not lift up our arms. I was not able to take my workout clothes because I couldn't lift my arms up over my head. I laid down to take a little break and fell asleep for over an hour.

On Wednesday our arms felt better and we could lift them. We just couldn't walk because Plyometrics had killed us on Tuesday. We were a funny pair to watch walk. Going up and down the stairs was painful. I didn't even want to drink water because I did not want to go to the potty room, (I know TMI, you'll get use to my sense of humor as you follow my blog though ;-p)

Thursday was better. Our body hurt a little less, but we had to do Yoga X. Yoga X is our least favorite exercise routine of all. We did our best though and kept on going. I must say that all the stretching you do with yoga helped our sore muscles to relax.

Friday was a bit tough. We worked out our legs and back. Our legs kept shaking as we did some of the exercises, especially the single leg wall squats. For those you lean against the wall as you go down to a sitting position of 90 degrees. You then raise one of your legs up and try to keep it straight alternating legs every 10 seconds. The calf raises had our calves screaming and us NEARLY screaming.

After our workouts on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays we do Ab RipperX. That part is always fun. Tom and I are too competitive for our own good. We keep asking each other how many reps we've done. We are supposed to do 25 of each of the 11 different stomach exercises. We cannot do 25 of each set yet, but we do the best we can. We always try and push harder to get one more than the other. We do the same when we have to do push ups and pull ups. I have no upper body strength and cannot get as many push ups as Tom can. Same goes for pull ups. I cannot do a single one without using the chair. My goal is to be able to do one by the end of the first 90 days.

Today was our favorite workout of all, Kempo X. Both Tom and I love martial arts and Tom has done martial arts for years so it is pretty easy for him. I would love to take a class some time. I'll have to look into it and see if I can find a place with classes that can fit into our schedule. No rush on it though so it will be later on this year or next. I feel great and tomorrow I get to rest =D. Next week... Week 2!! Bring it!!

1 comment: