Wednesday, April 13, 2011

TO BE OR NOT TO BE (DISCOURAGED)... THAT IS MY QUESTION...

One of the reasons why I decided to lose weight before doing P90X was because, last time I gained weight before I lost weight. This seems normal for me whenever I do any type of exercise. It frustrates me because although I tell people "don't pay attention to the number on the scale", I can't seem to be able to follow my own advice. We took our measurements and our weight and I gained weight.

Should I feel frustrated because of it? Well, I didn't want to be frustrated but I gained 1 inch around my waist and lost 2 inches off my chest. HELLO!!! I'm already flat enough as it is. If I lose any more there I won't even have mosquito bites!! Sorry I know TMI, just frustrating to me when I lose weight in places I don't want to lose.

We are still pushing play and are still pushing ourselves. I am trying to not let this bother me since it is what happens to me usually. Last time we only took measurements and weight every 30 days and this time we are going to do it every week.

With that said, today we did Shoulders and Arms workout. I am using 10lbs weights for most of the exercises and then use 5lbs. weights on others. It was nice to compare my numbers from last week and see improvement. Even if it is only 1 or 2 more reps than last week.

Afterwards we did the Ab Ripper X and we pushed ourselves even harder. Mr. Incredible was doing so many reps it was hard for me to keep up with him. We are still very competitive and this time although I did more stomach exercises than last week, a total of 275! I still was not able to match Tom. He is such a stud! I know he is a man and therefore stronger, blah, blah, blah. I want to push myself harder though. I want to be at least close behind if not right there next to him in reps. Anyway, that is all for now. As before, it helps me to vent. I feel better now. Tomorrow is Yoga Dread, I mean X. Bring it!

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel on the weight gain issue. I started to work out and have gained back 10lbs! However... my body has stayed the same size and I have even lost inches.

    I am sure that you "gain" in inches is actually a build up of water and lactic acid in your muscles. It goes down... but only after you rest for awhile or work yourself much smaller - which is hard and takes time when it comes to P90X since it is always pushing your body to new limits.

    My advice is to hang in there and try to remind yourself that over time those new inches and pounds will melt off as you listen to Tony's funny jokes ;)
    (My favorite joke is the "Use your cat or dog" joke lol - I giggle every time)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I will keep pressing on. I will try to not look so much at the scale and will try to keep in mind that I usually gain before I lose =D

    ReplyDelete