Today was the first day of Phase 2. This workout was Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. The workout was awesome! I wish we had pushed ourselves more so we could feel it more. It was still a good workout but when we were done we both felt like we didn't push hard enough. I don't know if part of it was that it was our first time doing theses exercises and we stopped several times to see what they were doing so we would get the right form. The problem with that was that we didn't rewind to start with them once we got the form. We would just start from there and therefore not do as many reps.
What I noticed about this workout is that everything we did on Phase 1 was to prepare us for phase 2. For example on phase 1 we did many push ups (regulas push ups) Now that we are on phase 2 the push ups are more difficult, yet we are able to do some repetitions on each one. One of the push ups is the single handed push ups. Those I have to do on my knees because I cannot support myself on my feet and 1 hand yet. The other pushups are the ones where you add a clap on the up position. The other is the sliding push up. I won't explain this one, I'll add a picture of this one next week when we do them again.
The weight training was also good. On some I used 5lbs. weights and on others I used 10lbs. weights. We also did some dips. This time around I was able to do about 10 to 15 more than when I first started. It is great that we have to keep a record of what we do in each session because we can look back and see our improvement. We can compare what we did before with what we are doing now and see where we need to push more and where we are doing good.
Tonight I'll go running and then Ab Ripper X. Tomorrow we it is our 30 day mark. We are excited for what we have been able to accomplish and look forward to the next sixty days. Bring it!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I wonder how many repetitions and how many pounds are you lifting, and how many sets do you do during a week, is there a rotation -lower-upper body-? I am proud of you both. Love
ReplyDelete